Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hugh Jackman

Hugh Michael Jackman born on October 12th 1968 in Sydney,New South Wales.  Hugh is the youngest of five siblings.  His parents are English.  Chris Jackman his father and Grace Watson his mother.  Hugh was the second child in his family to be born in Australia.
In November 2008 Open Salon named Hugh one of the sexiest men alive.  Then later on in that same month People magazine followed suit naming him Sexiest Man Alive.  Hugh Jackman is a singer,dancer,actor and likes to do stage musicals.  He has hosted the Tony awards three times and received an award for his role in The Boy from OZ.  He also hosted the 81st Academy awards in 2009 February 22nd.
His parents unfortunately divorced when he was eight.  Hugh stayed with his father and his mother moved back to England after the divorce.  One of his paternal Grandfathers was Greek.
He went to primary school at Pymble Public School and later attended an all-boys Knox Grammar School where he stared in its production of My Fair Lady in 1985 and became the captain of the school in 1986.
Hugh played rugby union and cricket in high school.  He also took part in high jumping and was on the swimming team.
Later after obtaining his BA Hugh completed the one year course "The Journey" at the Actors Centre in Sydney.  Hugh's thoughts on studying acting full time "It wasn't until I was 22 that I ever thought about my hobby being something I could make a living out of.  As a boy, I'd always had an interest in theater.  But the idea at my school was that drama and music were to round out the man.  It wasn't what one did for a living.  I got over that.  I found the courage to stand up and say, "I want to do it."
I like how modest and normal Hugh Jackman appears to be.
He also stated he "always loved acting but when I started at drama school I was like the dunce of the class.  It just wasn't coming right to me.  Everyone was cooler, everyone seemed more likely to succeed, everyone seemed more natural at it and in retrospect I think that is good.  I think it is good to come from behind as an actor.  I think it is good to go into an audition thinking 'Man I've got to be at my best to get this gig.'
Hugh married Deborra-Lee Furness on April 11th 1996.  I believe the couple met while on the set of Correlli, an Australian television series.  He personally designed an engagement ring for Deborra-Lee boring the Sanskrit inscription "Om paramar mainamar", translation "We dedicate our union to a greater source".  They had two miscarriages, after that Hugh and Deborra-Lee decided to adopt.  Oscar Maximillian born on May 15th 2000 and Ava Eliot, born on July the 10th 2005.
My favorite movies include the X-Men trilogy, Kate and Leopold, Someone Like You, Swordfish, Van Helsing, (voice of Memphis) Happy Feet, The Prestige, The Fountain and Real Steel.  I just found out he was the voice of Gaston, in the classic Walt Disney production of Beauty and the Beast.
Topless primal screams on Conan. Hilarious!

8 minutes 28 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...