Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ryan Gosling



 Ryan Thomas Gosling born in London Ontario on November 12th 1980. Raised in Corwall, Ontario his father Thomas Gosling a paper mill worker and his mother Donna a secretary who also qualified as a high school teacher in 2011. Growing up his parents were Mormons. Ryan say's about his parents being Mormon "it was a part of everything - what they ate, how they thought".
His parents divorced when he was a child and he and his older sister, Mandi, were raised by their mother, an experience Gosling has credited with programming him "to think like a girl."
Ryan was bullied in elementary school and had "no pals" "not in a sad,'poor me' way. I didn't want any. I liked being alone. It was only when I was 14,15 I got friends." "I hated being a kid. I didn't like being told what to do, I didn't like my body, I didn't like any of it."
In the 1st grade having been influenced by the film Rambo: First Blood he brought steak knives to school and threw them at other children during recess. This incident lead to a suspension. While attending Cornwall Collegiate and Vocational School, he was diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), prescribed Ritalin and placed in a class for special needs students. He was unable to read which he found "pretty frustrating. I couldn't absorb any of the information, so I caused trouble."
His mother quit her job and home schooled him for a year. Ryan said that homeschooling gave him "a sense of autonomy that I've never really lost"
He developed an idiosyncratic accent because "as a kid I thought having a Canadian accent didn't sound tough. I thought guys should like Marlon Brando. So now I have a phony accent that can't shake." He dropped out of high school at the age of 17 to focus on his career.

Ryan stars in the ever popular chick-flick The Notebook. I hate to admit it but I did like the movie and have heard many complaints (from the ladies) that Ryan should have been sexiest man of the year/alive in 2011.
Other movies I liked him in are Remember the Titans,Murder by Numbers and The United States of Leland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...